Telefonica Research is a leading industrial research lab based in Barcelona (Spain). The aim of the lab is to carry research studies on mid to long-term related to several technological areas of interest to the Telefónica Group. The Research group follows an open research model in collaboration with universities and other research institutions, promoting the dissemination of their work both through publications and technology transfer. The board is constituted of a multi-disciplinary team with a variety of skills that includes systems, networks, HCI, Machine Learning and Privacy/Security. We are seeking candidates at all level of seniority for staff researcher positions to strengthen and complement our efforts in the areas we currently work on, and particularly in machine learning and deep learning area.
The researcher will have the opportunity to propose and develop research ideas individually, as well as jointly with members of the research team and Telefonica at large. The researcher will also strengthen their research profile via the creation and leading of high-value synergies with academic institutions, industrial partners, customers, and government agencies. Furthermore, the researcher will support the dissemination of research results by means of publications and talks in major venues worldwide, generation of intellectual property, and partnership with business units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Propose and develop research ideas advancing the state of the art in the field.
- Create and lead of long-lasting and high-value synergies with academic institutions, industrial partners, customers, and government agencies.
- Promote the dissemination of research results via publications and demonstrations in major venues worldwide.
- Generate intellectual property.
- Partner with business (and other Telefonica) units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Supervise intern students, collaborate openly with other researchers as well other Telefonica members.
- Pursue funding opportunities for personnel and/or equipment and/or research visits, via proposal writing and submission for National and/or European and/or International competitive grants.
- Ph.D. in Networking, Security/Privacy, Computer Science or any related fields (Or PhD expected in next few months).
- Very good record of research output (e.g., publications in top conferences and journals)
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinacy environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience and desire for research in the general area of cloud computing, and in particular in any of the areas of containers, serverless computing, confidential computing, eBPF, WebAssembly, etc.
- Strong background and experience in building systems and conducting experimental work (e.g., methodologies, software, testbeds, etc.) in one of the areas listed above.
- We are seeking candidates at all level of seniority.
Initial submission deadline is Aug 15th, 2023.
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Telefonica is committed to the new working ways. Under our proposition “Disconnect to Reconnect” we have applied the Digital Disconnection.
We strongly believe diverse and inclusive teams become more innovative and they achieve improved results. Telefonica aims to promote and guarantee a place for everyone, just the way we are: gender, age range, sexual orientation and/or identity, culture, creed, disability or any other personal condition.