ABOUT THE PROPERTY
W Ibiza is located in Santa Eulalia, which is a short drive from Ibiza city's popular high-end entertainment zone. Santa Eulalia is a charming town with various new upper-upscale hotels opening in recent years. The hotel offers 162 rooms and suites and feature extensive F&B facilities with a signature restaurant, all day café with direct access from the boulevard, W Lounge, Wetdeck, Beach Club and Rooftop Bar, as well as Away Spa.
The Director of Sales & Distribution leads all sales and distribution efforts on behalf of the hotel. They provide day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
Develops and manages all stakeholder relationships, both internal and external and ensures the property sales & revenue strategies are aligned with Area and Continent strategy. The position provides leadership and creates and executes commercial strategies to achieve all hotel sales, revenue and market share goals.
The role is responsible for executing Marriott’s global distribution strategy and ensuring that hotel sales and marketing activities are following Marriott’s channel standards and policies to grow profitable revenue through all channels inclusive of direct and intermediated channels.
The position drives customer satisfaction and service focusing on sales effectiveness and creative customer driven solutions. In addition, the position is responsible of using all available resources and data analysis to explore new business opportunities, such as new industry segments, competitive analysis to help the hotel win market share and achieve its targeted total sales.
- Provides sales leadership for all sales departments and associates across all segments and revenue streams.
- Assists in the development of the Hotel Business Plan and execution of a specific and measurable plan by segment.
- Analyzes hotel market share reports and month end reports to make recommendations to maximize results
- Responsible for reactive and proactive account and segment sales, local and social catering sales, and Reservation sales.
- Responsible for achieving target conversion for reactive and reservation sales.
- Responsible for overall proactive sales deployment both locally and internationally (key source markets) inclusive of prospecting targets.
- Responsible for the performance and optimization of all channels inclusive of 3rd party channels such as OTAs and Group intermediary platforms.
- Accountable of the performance of the Marriott Stars and Luminous programs (where applicable)
- Partners with Revenue Management to assist in the development of the hotel sales and distribution strategy and ensures that these strategies are communicated, implemented, and continuously updated based on business outlook.
- Partners with Marketing and Digital to pull through and activate continent / global promotions and be the voice of the hotel with regards to opportunities and demand generation needs.
- Accountable of the hotel website content in terms of key unique selling points and accuracy of copy and imagery
- Support the development of the hotel positioning within the market and be the voice of the consumer to help shape up the long-term positioning strategy of the hotel.
- Manages all sales administrative functions
- Goal setting and tracking,
- Updated account plans,
- Hotel depth of sale chart
- Special corporate agreements,